You want to put your house up for sale but don’t want to wait forever to sell it.
You want to sell it right away, right?
Well, the good news is that there are ways to sell a house fast.
Selling fast may require some staging efforts, time, and money, but if you are willing to take the right steps, these efforts would be worthwhile, and you may find the right buyer right away.
If this is your goal, read this guide to learn the best things you can do to ensure a speedy sale of your home.
Make The Exterior Picture-Perfect
What do buyers see first when they view your listing or drive past your home? They see the exterior of the house and property. If you want to catch the attention of as many buyers as possible, you should work on creating a picture-perfect exterior.
Real estate agents call this curb appeal, and they will tell you the importance of it if you ask what you can do to sell your home quickly.
To create a picture-perfect exterior, you may want to follow some of these tips:
- Remove clutter and unnecessary items from your yard
- Plant flowers and put potted flowers on your porch
- Power wash the driveway, sidewalks, and porch
- Clean the outside of the home along with all the windows
- Repaint anything necessary on the outside of your home, such as your front door, trim, or shutters
- Mow the grass and trim the weeds
- Add a fresh layer of mulch in garden areas or around trees
The goal is to make the exterior of your home look desirable. If the outside looks nice, buyers will assume that the inside is also beautiful. On the other hand, if the outside looks less than perfect, they may believe the inside has issues, too.
Create An Interior Atmosphere Of Tranquility, Serenity, And Comfort
Next, you’ll need to move on to the inside of your home and take the right steps. The goal is to create an environment in your home that feels tranquil, peaceful, serene, comfortable and welcoming.
An atmosphere like this will instantly make buyers feel at home. They will be drawn to your house because of these feelings. They will picture themselves living there and enjoying life in their new house.
If you can create these feelings for potential buyers, you’ll probably sell your house faster and for more money. So, how do you do this?
Here are some tips you can follow that may help you achieve the goal:
- Go on a purging spree through your home to eliminate everything that is not necessary
- Rearrange your furniture to make the rooms look more spacious and provide a comfortable flow
- Remove most decorations and all personal effects, including family photos
- Repaint all the rooms with a neutral color
- Use all neutral-colored furniture and decorations
- Add items from nature to your home, such as flowers and plants but don’t over do it
- Open up or remove all window treatments to increase the amount of natural light that comes in
- Clean it until every area is immaculate
Imagine the difference you might see with your house after doing most of these things. You can transform a house without spending a fortune with these steps, and it will make a difference.
If buyers enter your home and see an immaculate, neat, tranquil, welcoming environment, they may continue thinking about your home long after they leave the showing. You want them to leave with a positive memory.
If this is the case, you may get a call for a second showing shortly afterward, or you might even get an offer within a day or two.
Provide A Turnkey Home
Another critical factor with selling quickly is the condition of the house. While the outside may look perfect, and the inside might provide the right environment, buyers also look closely at the condition of the home. Mainly, buyers look for turnkey homes. A turnkey home is a house free of issues, problems, and needed updates. Turnkey homes are completely ready to move into. They have no issues. They are updated, renovated and modern. Here are some tips to know what to look for as you aim to provide a turnkey home to buyers:
- Fix any issues you see around your house, big or small
- Consider bringing in a professional home inspector to find any hidden problems. Every buyer who makes an offer will bring one in for themselves. You are better off knowing what issues may come up, and address them before the buyer does.
- Replace the appliances if they are old so that you can offer high-efficient, low-cost units to whoever buys your home
- Add smart technology if possible to your home, such as a video doorbell or smart thermostat
- Hire a company to clean and tune-up your HVAC system and any other systems that need maintenance
- Update any area that needs it
If any areas of your home are outdated, you should consider modernizing them before you list your home. Buyers have high expectaions today, and they will carefully examine all parts of a house before making an offer. Keep in mind, there are other homes to choose from at any given point in time, and buyers will compare your house to the others they view. Make your house stand out. It will make a difference in how quickly you find a solid buyer. One last tip is to consider getting a pre-sale home inspection to find out if there are any problems with your home that you do not know about. Getting this now may eliminate problems later.
When You’re Selling Fast, Hire An Agent With A Proven Track Record
Are you ready to sell your house quickly?
Selling fast is not impossible, especially if you follow these tips and hire the right real estate agent. Finding an agent with a proven track record is essential when trying to sell fast, so don’t settle for less.
Contact us today to learn more about our agents and our 7 step strategic home sellers plan. We’d love to hear from you and provide you with expert help to sell your home fast!